CHARMOUTH LAWN TENNIS CLUB
- THE CLUB SHALL BE KNOWN AS THE CHARMOUTH LAWN TENNIS CLUB.
[a] The general management of the club and all questions not determined but these rules shall be decided by a Committee of at least five members plus Chairman, & Treasurer, whom shall form a quorum. Any vacancy on the committee after the Annual General Meeting shall be filled by the Committee.
[b] The Committee may appoint Sub-committees of any size for a period not exceeding one year. Only the acting Chairman of any such committee need be a member of the Club Committee.
[c] The Committee may appoint an Honorary Auditor.
[d] The Committee may make, alter, or rescind by-laws subject to a resolution being carried by a simple majority.
[a] The Annual General Meeting shall be held in the autumn for the purpose of receiving the accounts and Officers Reports for the previous season, and electing the Club’s officers and Committee, together with any matters arising out of paragraphs 3b and 4 below.
[b] At least 14 days’ notice of the Annual General Meeting shall be given to all members and any member wishing to make a proposition must do so in writing at least 10 days before such meeting nominating two members seconding the motion.
[c] The Committee may call an Extraordinary General Meeting at any time and shall do so on the written requisition of not less than 7 senior members. 14 days’ notice shall be given to every member specifying the item to be discussed in the form of a resolution and confining the discussion to that subject only.
[d] Each senior member shall be entitled to one vote.
[e] Members unable to attend a General Meeting may appoint a Proxy to vote on their behalf. The Proxy must be a member of the Club and must bear written instructions detailing if he/she votes as instructed by the member or at the Proxy’s discretion.
- ALTERATION TO RULES. Any alteration to or addition to the rules of the Club may only be considered at the A.G.M. or at an Extraordinary General Meeting called for that purpose, and any proposition shall be carried by a two-thirds majority of the members present, according to their votes.
[a] Club membership is open to all.
[b] The Committee may require the resignation of any member whose conduct may render their resignation desirable, subject to an appeal at an Extraordinary General Meeting.
[c] Members shall be classified as follows:
FULL PLAYING MEMBERSHIP – ALLOWS USE OF ALL FACILITIES AT ALL TIMES.
JUNIOR FAMILY MEMBERSHIP – IS FOR JUNIORS WITH PARENT[S] ALREADY FULL MEMBERS OF THE CLUB.
JUNIOR MEMBERSHIP – JUNIORS MUST BE UNDER 18 ON APRIL 1ST, OR IN FULL TIME EDUCATION.
[a] Annual subscriptions shall be due on April 1st each year
[b] The various classes of membership together with rates of subscription shall be posted on the website.
[a] Club sessions as detailed on the website take priority over other play.
[b] League matches as detailed on the website take priority over all other play.
[c] Members waiting longest shall be entitled to first use of any court.
[d] Courts must be vacated after one short set [6-5] if other members are waiting to play.
[e] Junior members may play at any time other than club sessions except when granted senior status by the Committee.
- BALLS. Balls are provided for full members.
- DRESS. All members are requested to wear regular tennis clothing. Beachwear etc; is not permitted. Regular flat-soled tennis shoes must be worn at all times, the wearing of ‘trainers’ and other rib-soled footwear is forbidden.
- ANIMALS. Animals are not to be brought on to the Club premises.
- GUESTS. Guests may visit the Club on 3 occasions only in one season on payment of £3 per visit [£1.50 per junior]. Guests are permitted to use the courts only if accompanied by a senior Club member, and that member shall be responsible for collecting the appropriate guest fee and signing in the guest in the appropriate book in the Clubhouse to conform to the requirement of liability cover with the L.T.A. insurance policy.
[a] Entrance to the Club is by combination lock and to the Clubhouse by key. All existing members will be informed of any change in the locking code. New members will be informed of the code upon receipt of their annual subscription.
[b] Keys are issued strictly for members personal use only and may not be given or loaned to non-members to use the Club unaccompanied.
[c] Keys to the Clubhouse are available to senior Club Members at a cost of £5 per key [redeemable].
[d] All keys remain the property of the Club.
[e] It is of the utmost importance that the last person to leave the |Club ensures all doors and gates are securely fastened and that all electricity switches are ‘off’.
- COMPLAINTS. All complaints shall be conveyed to the club’s email address which will be brought to the notice of the Committee.